Tuesday, July 14, 2009

youth conference

The day before I stayed with some friends from the church. we carpool up to the stake center we had to be there at 5:15 so we can sign in.they had three buses. I was on bus two.

DAY 1- we got on bus and made the 12 hour trip. we had a lot of rest stops a long the way and there were a lot of food too. after we got there the leader planed a dance and that was fun. that was really all that happened.

DAY 2- on this day we tour the historical sites in Palmyra like the Smith's home, the sacred grove and the place that the Book of Mormon was made. in the Smith's home we went up to the upper floor.after we got done on the upper floor I slipped down the staires. I just hurt my arm a bit but I was OK. when we went to the sacred grove i was thing about the song Joseph Smith First Pray. after all the things we did we went to the Hill Cumorah Pageant. i like how the cast before the show they mingling with the people. there was a lot of nice looking guys that was in it.

DAY 3 - this was the last day we went to Kirtland. we got to go in the Kirtland temple. we did other thing in Kirtland too. after all the things we did we st oped at one of the church build around Kirtland or somewhere and we had a testimony meeting.


Karrie Nelson


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How are you guys? Good I hope. That is fun. I want to visit there someday. My Dad was there just last week with the Wilkins bus line from Vernal. They are in Navoo this week.

Eric and Caralee said...

Ahh, how fun. I hope to go there sometime. We are only about 5 hours away from Palmyra but Eric's schedule is to busy and he only gets a little time off for Christmas so we probably won't make it before we move next spring unless we can squeeze in a weekend visit!
Love ya, hope all is well. :)